Meals on Wheels has a proud tradition of volunteerism.
Our program was founded by volunteers, is overseen by a volunteer Board of Trustees and is supported by volunteers who are committed to improving our community.
When a volunteer arrives to deliver a meal, they are more than just a food source – they are concerned, caring people who check the home-bound person’s well-being. Many of our clients are elderly, ill, frequently poor and often lonely. Our volunteers may be the only people they see all day.
Volunteers donate as little as 2 hours, 1 time, every 4 weeks but their impact is immeasurable.
Please email Teresa Christoff at or call 935-3663 to learn more. Download our Volunteer Brochure here.
There are many opportunities available volunteering with Meals On Wheels. Corporate, club and church teams are encouraged to deliver meals and help at events. We welcome students performing community service as well and tailor activities to their schedules. Volunteers also enjoy serving in the office and at our events.
- Deliver Meals – Over 250 volunteers deliver 11 routes annually. As people retire, move away or change jobs, 50 new volunteer drivers are needed each year. Volunteer drivers receive an orientation packet and two training sessions prior to delivering. Two references and proof of valid license and vehicle insurance are required for drivers. Volunteers are also required to obtain a photo identification badge Meals on Wheels office.
- Office Help – Make phone calls, update databases, help with mailings.
- Special Events – Volunteers are needed to help with our annual Giant Pumpkin Carve, our annual Holiday Gift Project, and our annual March for Meals campaign.
- Speakers Bureau – Become an ambassador for Meals On Wheels by hosting a booth at a local fair or talking to churches or civic groups about Meals On Wheels. Orientation provided.
- Buddy Program – Buddies lift clients’ spirits by writing letters, chatting over the phone or even visiting their buddy in person.
- Kitchen Assistance – Assist in the meal assembly process alongside the chef.
Helping with the Holiday Gift Bag project is always a treat!
ZOOM Training Available Next Date: Tuesday, April 6th at 10am Contact Teresa to register - You can help by volunteering only 2 hours per month!
The Buddy Program offers an alternative to the traditional meal delivery program, providing another avenue for helping.
When the current health crisis began, our team had to adapt/change/work creatively sometimes multiple times per day, but regardless we always made it work!
Volunteers – THANK YOU!
Click each name to read their story and see their pictures.